Being a mother is one of the toughest jobs we can take on in life. On top of caring for our children, our families, our homes and our jobs, moms also need to take time out for themselves to stay healthy, happy and balanced.
“Everyone deserves the freedom to make choices about their own body.”
But boy does, self-care get pushed back on our priority list as we focus on taking care of others instead —sacrificing our own needs and desires in the process.
In this episode, your hosts Kimberly Harlan and Shaman Isabella share their experiences and stories of motherhood. Together we’ll explore and talk about how we can create healthier boundaries as mothers through mindful self-care practices which can help us restore balance into our lives so that both ourselves and our families are thriving.
Check out A Modern Shaman on your favorite podcast platforms! Please subscribe and share your reviews with A Modern Shaman
Subscribe & leave a review on Apple Podcast
In This Episode We Talk About
- Being a mom, motherhood, and trying to find time to pee
- The importance of self-care
- How do you know if you’re ready to be a mother?
- Kim and Isabella share their stories of motherhood
- What you expect, what people tell you, and your experience
- It’s okay to not want children
- Women’s Rights, abortion, and miscarriages
- Being a parent and being a friend
- Self-care tips